Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Spinach, saag paneer and cheese

Dude was down and out for the day.  He had a herniated disc.  Actually I felt it was a blessing. He needed a rest.  Perhaps it was all the excitement from the scandalous affair with his new tractor...giggle.


I am trying to eat vegetarian on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  Not too difficult since I work evenings. I make everything the same for Dude's dinners but he adds meat.  Today is a big chopped salad, hard boiled eggs, and saag paneer.  I love saag paneer and made alot of it from things from the farm. 

2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 chopped onion
2 tablespoons of minced ginger
3 minced garlic  ( from garden)
1 teaspoon turmeric 
Dash of cumin
Dash of cinnamon
Pepper
Salt 
1 cup heavy cream (from the skimmed  goat's milk)
1 pound of spinach ( from the garden)  
1 pound cubed paneer ( homemade from the goat's milk)

Saute the onion in the butter. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.  Warm the cream through adding to the spices . Add the chopped spinach.  Cook through , add salt. Remove from the heat and add paneer.

I add Tabasco.  




I also had a chance to make some chevre cheese. It is taking a holiday in the oven (that is not on but well light so it won't be frightened - wink) and will be ready to make it's debut tonight after work. 

These sprites provide today's concert. 

The laundry is getting jealous and I need to go fold it.  Then it is off  to the highway and my commute to work.  Hope your day is magical. 

peace, health and happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment