Thursday, March 31, 2016

Jerky update, wall hanging, and butter failure

We woke up to more snow that came down until 9am.  We battled the wind, again, all day!

My only goal today was to make butter. Who knew it would take half of the day to get the temperature of the milk up to 72*. The book says to put in the food processor and whiz for about eight minutes.


After whizzing that bad-boy for 30 minutes, I gave up! Not sure what I did wrong but I plan on consulting my cheese-making friends for some much needed HELP on this one.

It only got to the frothy stage with minimal separation of buttermilk from butter.


Noontime I took out Dude's second batch of beef jerky that came out perfect !



I did finished the wall-hanging I started during the blizzard.  Maybe it's time  to start something that represents springtime!
 Sunny here but snowing in Denver.




2 comments:

  1. Your wall-hanging turned out really cute! Jerky looked very good!
    You'll figure out the butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jerky is excellent. The butter...oh, I am a dunce. The recipe said milk but what it meant was the crème I have been skimming off the top! Another try maybe next weekend. Dude just used the cream for the ice cream today.

    ReplyDelete