Sunday, March 20, 2016

Turkeys, quilts, and from the garden

For most of the day I settled into my recliner with a homemade heating pad from my niece-in-law (thank you Laura!) resting on my tummy. Dude came in to check on me but instead of bringing flowers he brought something better....new baby turkeys. I love turkeys.  I have found if you go out and talk to them twice a day and hold them, they become very friendly.




Our turkey from last year, Tom, actually thought he was a goat.  The chickens picked on him so we put him in with the goats who, of course, befriended him.  He in turn became their protector, spreading his wings and stomping whenever the dog or someone he didn't know came by.




Cleaned out the sewing room and found some treasures. My sister used to love hitting yard sales. She found these quilt blocks at one of the last yard sales she went to and sent them to me.  I need to put them together but whoever had them before me lovingly stitched them by hand!


Also found this note we recovered when remodeling the kitchen. It was stuck in the wall. Obviously, a mom must have treasured it since was still in fairly good  condition.  I just thought it was adorable and kept it too. (awesome party 2hours of swimming!)
And from the garden, Dude pulled up the last of the carrots.



Looking forward to the new week ahead and the start of spring!  Happy Sunday!




1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the dog talking to the goats and turkey. Very precious.

    ReplyDelete