Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Rest, recouping and drying apples.

We woke up to a thin crust of ice on the animals water troughs.  The high winds from yesterday came back strong today with a bit of a chill on it. Snow continues in the mountains while we have warmer weather out here on the plains. But by the end of the week snow is in our forecast for St Patrick's day, our traditional day for planting peas. The cold is moving back in even if only if temporarily.

My sister did get a bag of apples peeled and into the dehydrator.



I ended up with almost a jar full of dried cabbage from yesterday's dehydration.

I only was able to plant two rows in the greenhouse, one of spinach and one of lettuce.  Then I found I am not wonder woman and went in for a long nap.

I try to keep the doldrums away with reading and some crafts. Made a Shaun the Sheep toilet paper roll from these instructions.

My husband brought in Sally for me to talk to for a bit before tucking all the animals in.
The night is very young but I need to get some rest.  Tomorrow I am only one week post-op. Rest, rest, rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment