Friday, December 14, 2018

Day 14

The song in my head lately is Life is a Highway.  I commute to work, to stores, to see friends and family.  Not to say friends and family don't come see me but today I am refusing to leave my land. I love it here. 

This week with my mom at her senior apartment.


With one of my grandsons.



I started with a morning read and meditation.  I would love to be a saint but believe me, I have an extremely long way to go.  I read for inspiration and hope.


The book opened up to this...giggle.  Do you wanna build a snowman was not his mantra. 


Dude requested more bread be made.  I thought of making something a bit sweet.  I made raspberry lemonade concentrate this summer and saved the fruit.  Today I am making bread with it. 



I spent the morning outside.  The birds are loud and rowdy.  We saw people were selling guineas for $40 a piece.  Last night we put ours up for sale for $30 a piece.  They sold instantly. Someone will be picking them up this weekend. 


We also sold our bee-vac .

Looks like the laying hens are ready for winter, which begins next week. 



The sheep are happy to have breakfast.  Snow is flying in the mountains and there was an avalanche yesterday but here on the plains we still are in a draught. 



The Canadian geese were noisy this morning flying over. 


The dog and I walked the land.  Dry, dry, dry. 



Christmas cards were being addressed.

 Lentil Turkey Stew is in the crockpot.




Back to the raspberry lemon bread. 



It turned out lovely. 


And pink. 


I served it with honeyed butter.  Delightful. 



Remember when I made this ? 


A deer head for my wall?


My son made me this beautiful cardboard deer head for my Christmas room. He is grand and I adore him. I put my room together today.


I made the blue pillow cases and someone was getting rid of this gorgeous red sparkling fabric. 



I am ending the day with a movie on television and cutting out this.  I making the long skirt in this fabric. I think it will look wonderful with black boots and a black winter sweater.


peace




No comments:

Post a Comment