Saturday, December 22, 2018

Day 22 Quick holiday side dishes.


We spent the solstice outside by the fire. It was a cold and clear night and I loved every minute so there was no blog last night.


The full moon was wonderful. The stars were in full view, the wind was slight and the temperature was perfect with a blanket. 



I am sitting here with a hot cup of tea with a blanket around me.  It is in the 20's , the fire is lit and I am waiting for the house to warm up. We have been out an about seeing family on this final weekend before Christmas. 

I was to bring veggies to today's shindig. 

I made a quick and healthy dip of plain Greek yogurt, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic. 


Tomatoes and cheese and one side with balsamic. 


Veggies. 


An easy way to carry it is with a cake carrier from the Dollar Store.


Before we left home I put 2 cans green beans in the crockpot for a snack later. 

Fried up some onions and bacon.



Put to cans of green beans in the crockpot with a tablespoon of brown sugar. 


Mixed in the bacon with  onions and put on low.  It was so good and it the spot for something later after a big meal. 


Heading to sit by the fire to make another ornament.



peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment