Sunday, December 2, 2018

December 2nd First day of Advent , morning in the greenhouse and more.

I began the day...after my morning coffee with Dude in front of the fire... in the greenhouse.  My thought was to get some greens and carrots for dinner.  We are having  locally grown pork and I am on a mission to eat, at least half the plate in veggies.  There is still snow on the ground.



The ground in the greenhouse is not frozen yet so I took some more plants I had and planted them... mums. In the spring I will transplant them outside.



Planted mums.




As I was digging I found this wiggly worm.



Our carrots do well throughout the winter. We pick them as we need them. 


The cabbage is growing too. 


We put our wood stove ashes in our gardens.


It was a great way starting the day... in the dirt... hearing the sheep calling outside and rooster crowing.



 Sunday is Dude's football day.  That man does so much for the house despite being "retired".  Since he does I like taking on the outside chores on the weekend, mostly feeding and watering the birds and sheep.  I mean, who wouldn't... everyone is so adorable.




When I got back in Dude was stoking the fire and then vacuuming while listening to the game. Rest... for one day... rest.

Again the day did not turn out as planned.  My mom needed to be taken to the hospital for stomach issues.  She lives over an hour away and the hospital she wanted to go to was another 30 minutes away.  I brought books and crafts to be done.  I am glad we did... we were there for 5 hours.  They did many tests and in the end sent her home with some good medicine to help her eat. 

I worked on paperback Christmas trees while waiting . 

 It needs painted and decorated but the hard part is finished. 

And read...



Always be prepared!

We lit the Advent Wreath after dinner.  This is the first Sunday of Advent... the four Sundays before Christmas.  It is a time of Preparing the Way and the first candle a symbol of Hope. 

peace 




No comments:

Post a Comment