Sunday, December 23, 2018

Day 23 of blogging 4 Sunday of Advent, Breakfast , Our Yule Log and more...

Here it is , the fourth Sunday of Advent.  We lit the candle of Peace. 

We have had a very stressful Advent.  And to deal with it my husband has always used humor. Whenever someone begins to lose their temper or raise their voice we say our dog's name in an exaggerated Boston accent..... NAAAMMMMAN!  (his  name is Norman)

So breathe.... 

We began the morning with egg cups but with a twist.  I put hash browns in the bottom of the tin. 


Then bacon wrapped on the edge, crack an egg and add pepper and parsley from the garden. 


Bake 400* 25 minutes.


Perfect.


Putting a load of laundry I see these two out the back window. They crack me up. 


They walk and hunt together. The dog will also drag the cat like it's a puppy and then they will begin their trek all over again. 



We took the dog for a walk today. 


Step by step , a little conversation, a little nature and home. 



I did glean some leftover corn from the field. 


Picked some Russian Olive branches.  I think they are pretty. 


Plus carrots... we are trying to eat a carrot or pepper a day. Today was carrot day. 


I brought in and stacked fire wood. It is a chore I actually like doing. 


For another long but not as long as the last night... a yule log is going into the fire. It smells wonderful.  Our log is not from a sacred tree but a symbol of the light to come and the ashes will be use to bless and nourish our garden. 
 

Dude is watching football I will be wrapping his presents and sitting in my favorite spot... reading.


In case you missed today's reading:

"Blessed are you among women, and blessed 

is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of our Lord should come to me?  For at the moment of the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled."
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment