Saturday, December 8, 2018

Day 8 A bit of shopping and Cherry Chipotle Hot Sauce

Today, Dude and I turned off our phones and went out on the road.  The first stop was a new fabric store in Brighton, Co. named On Pins and Needles.  The owners are friendly and helpful.   I picked up a small snowman pattern and a small sewing kit for my purse. 


Then it was off to Boulder, Co. to one of larger yarn shops I have seen full of yarns of all kinds, classes, wool of all kinds, supplies for basketry, felting and a bunch of other stuff.   It was a bustling place with a very helpful staff. 

A display of miniature spinning wheels and corn dolls. 






Yes, that's Dude "hanging out".  I spent way too much time there and could have gotten lost in hours of daydreaming. 


I did get a couple felting books and a fun quilt card.

We quickly left Boulder … the amount of people there and the traffic rivals Denver and it was just a bit much for us.

Next stop was in Golden, Colorado to eat at Table Mountain Grill and Cantina.  It is one of Dude's favorite places to eat!

I got the tostadas.


Dude loves their breakfast burrito and a shrimp appetizer.  Despite it being fairly busy we had a lovely conversation with our waiter.  He lives in the mountain woods secluded and surrounded with trees while we live in the open plains and dry hard land.


We got home around 4pm and I set about making Cherry Chipotle Hot Sauce.  I found the recipe here.   This recipe is kickin' !  Make sure you follow the directions and use a stand-up blender. I used a food processor and the hot liquid went everywhere !  




The sauce is very hot and extremely delicious!  I can't wait to try it on one of our homegrown turkeys or chickens. 


After that we were exhausted and fell asleep until till 9pm.... time to watch a movie with Dude. 

It was a delightful day with the phones off despite missing the office party. (sadness) It is one of the  highlights of the year.

peace

2 comments: