Monday, December 24, 2018

Day 24 Christmas Eve on the Homestead.

Christmas Eve is usually the day where things don't go just quite right.  For me , it began at work.

Someone left my chair decorated with Christmas cheer.  It was slow....very slow. Teams were sharing goodies they brought in.  My whole team was lucky enough to all have the day off.  It gave me time to really read email and clean it out.

Half way through the day our neighbors call to see if we lost any goats...huh? Not us but if you don't know who's they are we can hold them until you find the owners. I wasn't home but still working. I call  home and one of our friends and her nephew had just arrived with a plateful of cookies.  Dude said hop in the truck we are going to pick up some goats to hold for someone.  Never a dull moment.




It was fun for my friends who came to visit and drop of cookies to see our day. I drove up about this time.

Right then the honey wagon was pulling into the yard... you know the poo packer or in this case the Turd Hearse.  Company is arriving Wednesday and we don't want any issues.  Ah, the luxury of owning your own land, septic and leach field.

I went running out there to take pictures and learn about the process when half way there I was hit with the smell!  The guy pumping it out looks and me and says, what?  Ohmy, I don't know how one does that turdy, uh, dirty job.


Just then my friends say it's time to leave... smiles and head out. They are such wonderful friends and great sports! 


A big thank you to our neighbors Terri and Blake for rescuing and finding the owners of the goats.  We found out the names of the pygmy goats were Chaos and Fury.    ...and we were able to meet our new neighbor Alex! 



The rest of the evening was laughter and family. 



Merry Christmas everyone.  Sleep well. 

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment