Saturday, December 15, 2018

Day 15 Garden Goodness and Sewing Fun.

I am super tired tonight so sorry if the blog sounds wonky. The busy-ness of the week has finally hit me.  I told Dude I was not going anywhere... I would get dressed but I was staying home.  It is also sewing day. 

The dog and I have been enjoying hanging out together.  We have been going for walking, plus he likes to get on the treadmill while I am on the bike.  We talk a lot to each other.  He likes to go get eggs with me... okay, he really likes to harass the hens. Basically he has been my mini shadow.

He is a lovable big squishy toy. 


After the dog and I played around I went out to the garden to get things for lunch. 




It is sewing Saturday and my friend was coming over. 


I used things from the garden for a cheese spread.



It may look a bit strange but it was delicious. 


Isn't this head of lettuce pretty from the garden? 


I made a nice garden salad. 


It was nice for a moment today and then the clouds rolled in and it got a bit chilly.  All day I thought... isn't it suppose to be 50*?  Brrr it didn't feel like it. 



Dude spent the morning at grandkid's basketball games.   He later came home and sold one of his saddle racks today since we no longer have horses. 

Only one sewing bee friend could come today due to the hustle and bustle of  the holidays but we had a great time. 

We ate and chatted about our lives and upcoming adventures for us both. Susan got to work on gnomes. 


I made snowmen.   PatSloan.com has this free pattern and it is adorable.  She has some fun monthly subscription boxes too. 


Later I lit a fire in the wood stove and settled in to make the snowmen's mouths from French knots. 


I think they turned out so sweet.  They are oversized mug rugs. I know they are suppose to be a lot smaller for mug rugs but I never follow the rules so here they are.. cute and proud to be 8 inches. 


Like I said, it was chilly.  The fire is going and the cat is loving her spot in front of the stove. 



Time to settle in a long hot bath and a book. 


peace

No comments:

Post a Comment