Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sunday - yogurt, a great sale, and geese

We had to head south today to help family but before we did I put milk in the oven to make yogurt. 
It's simple ... I only had a small amount of raw goat milk.  Heat it on the stove to 110* in a pan on the stove.  That isn't very warm so stay close.  In the bottom of a clean jar put a large heaping tablespoon of plain full fat yogurt.  Put the lid on and wrap the jar in a towel.  Turn on the light in the oven and put the jar in the oven.  Don't turn on the oven.  Leave for 12-18 hours. 
When we go to bed it will be wonderful yogurt.  I like this better than store bought... no additives or sugar. 



I put notes all over the stove so I don't turn it on. 



My sister-in-law gave us this picture of their family farm they grew up on.  Dude loved telling me about every inch of the place. 


On the way home we came across a feed and grain store going out of business.  We got all this stuff at 65% off !




Since we rode in the car so much I worked on a rug.


...and finished my little man. 


We were going to the separate all the birds when we got home and good thing.  One of the turkey chicks went ballistic on one of my geese. He was attacking her and pecking her neck. 
I took the geese and let them play in the tub for a bit. 






Since I talk to them every day , we have become a bit attached to each other.  I love these two! 


The animals have been a bit strange today.  For some reason the horses switched barns on their own, we found Felonious the goat in the teenage  chicken's house, Wilbur the lamb will only sleep with Summer the horse and the cat says ...goodnight - smile 


peace

No comments:

Post a Comment