Friday, June 9, 2017

Full Moon Friday ... a birth and death - it's not always pretty and Little House on the Prairie

It's Friday and a full moon. You know something is bound to happen. 

Around 1:45 Peppy, our Nubian - Alpine goat gave birth to two beautiful blue-eyed kids... a boy and a girl. She took off to the horse trailer. I guess she didn't want to be disturbed.  Her labor was short and smooth.  Our goats are known to give birth right on time. I went back to see when she mated and realized she was due today or tomorrow.  She did a great job. 












Someone is very proud and she should be. 




As I walked back to the house I heard a horrible screaming.  Ugh.  The grey rooster had had it with the white rooster.  The grey rooster has been bullying the white rooster his whole life.  Well, tonight he got the white one pinned.  He was brutal. The whole thing was like a horror show. He pecked his eyes out and then pecked him until his head was almost off.  I was a baby. I cried and ran in the house. 
Dude when out and butcher him since he was still barely alive. 
He said the destructiveness was a blessing for us... another meal and he thanked the rooster and God. 





It is what homesteading is about.  You see it all from birth to death and we recycle where we can.

On to the lighter side of homesteading. 
We did try our "canned" zucchini bread and it was magnificent. I will do this again. 



If you need a quick project that girls will love, try this pattern. It has no sewing!
They each made one.



I did get three hats knitted for my mom's donation kit for newborns.


 Sleep well. 

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment