Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 1st - eggs, knitting, sprouting seeds, and goats

 Day 7 of 100 Day Challenge to get healthy... eating and walking 10k a day or 30 minutes of exercise.  Homesteading you work a lot but most of my work is stationary... planting seeds, weeding, watering, hoeing.  I hit 10,000 steps so far today but the day's not over. 

Dude worked in the greenhouse and I am ordered birds.   We have a 3 turkeys coming, some guineas and a few geese. They arrive in a day or so...

Eggs were wash and tried to make labels for our eggs with safe instructions and dates and such.


Mom needed baby hats to donate with the onesies she is making so I got stuff together for that.


My list for today.  I needed to consolidate some of this.  Grandson has a karate showcase so I will knit then too.


I used to sprout seeds a lot ... in the 80's... giggle. I wanted to give it a try again. 


The first day is just soaking in water.  The next 3-5 days I will just rinse twice a day.  We'll see how it turns out. These are for us but I want to try and sprout fodder for the animals later.



Traded some veggies, bags of lettuce,  eggs and such for use of a trailer. 


Bathrooms, litter box and laundry were done. 

I happy glitch put on the day... my grandson had a karate class I wanted to see. (grin... that's my son on the right...xo)


So I knitted and...


watched.  I love this kid. 


Then home to hoe around the grapes and raspberries. Watered the newly planted stuff as well. 

Called to ordered Wilbur's (lamb ram) blankets.  He gets sheared on Monday.
Me: I have a CVM Rommedale ram. 
Blanket Dude: You needed to get him another lamb. 
Me: I know but it is hard to get another CVM so he is bunking with a goat. 
Blanket Dude(laughing): ohno, goats are crazy!
Me: Can we help it that sheep are dumb?
We got a good laugh. It was fun speaking to him. He said way back when he met one of the guys that started the CVM herds in California. I can't wait to meet. Great stories, great advice for me since I am just starting out. 

Then out to check on Peppy.  She may have her kid tonight or tomorrow.  I got the basket ready with towels, blankets, water and such. Wilbur and Felonious came to help. 
Peppy about to pop.


Poor Wilbur is panting hard with this big coat. 


Felonious just wanted a selfie...so... what the heck!


I didn't get to the sewing. That's where I will start tomorrow.  The hats will get done tonight. 

May God bring you joy, no matter the situation. 

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment