Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sunday funday, baby farm animals, and 3D sewing

Happy Father's Day to all those wonderful fathers out there, step in fathers, and awesome uncles who are there to help. My dad got me interested in homesteading and I miss him very much. 
In his short life he was a sailor. 


A marine.


And when he retired early in life he began to see how much he could live off the land. 



Today I got the watermelon out of the dehydrator. I saved some for as candy and ground the rest into a powder. 





I tried it in tea first.  Pretty good. 


I made a cake for Dude for Father's Day. 



Yep, it's him. 


Some of the grandkids came to visit. 


And checked out all the babies, beginning with the geese and turkeys. 



We gave them their first swim. At first they were nervous and just pooped in the water but soon they got the hang of it. 


We dried them off and put them to bed. 


The turkeys looked on.


Everyone gave Maggie some love. She is hanging in there with her cancer. We did see tears coming down her precious face today. 


Then out to see the baby goats. 




First day out for the kittens and this is where they went! 


I got my 3D man sewn up, seams closed and in position to attach his parts.  I decide he would look marching. 






Our grandson made crafts with me.  We cut out birds from thick card board, added glue and birdseed. It was a craft from The Mass Box. A box comes once a month with a craft for each Sunday to coincide with the Mass readings. We had fun. 


Dude wanted Swedish Meatballs and noodles for Father's Day dinner. 


We ended the night with a walk around the property and got in over 11,000 step in today. 

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment