Saturday, June 17, 2017

It's the weekend! Fused glass class

Many times on the homestead we deal with a lot of dirty stuff. We laughed today that Dude can dig post holes, trudge through the snow to feed animals in the cold winter, butcher animals when need be but God forbid a kitten misses the litter box, the poor man becomes a dry heaving mess.  Yes, I pick up poop and animal gak aka throw-up.  

So whenever I can to create something of beauty, I don't pass up a chance. 
We finished morning chores.  Dude was going to work on one of the tractors so I went to learn glass fusing.  I had no idea what it was or what to expect, so I started with looking at the samples.  You layer glass and decorate them to go in molds and later the kiln.  They are beautiful. 




And then I got to work. 


There were so many beautiful colors to choose from. 


This is my friend Susan. This is her second time here, so she had idea of what she wanted to do. 


Glass was cut. 


We look for fun glass to add. 


I decide on a sushi set.  I love green and since this is my first go at glass fusing, I stayed simple. 


I made a pendant for necklace with the leftovers. 



Susan was working on a large wave to hang in the window. 


Here some other folks working on theirs. 




I ended up with a sushi set and two pendants for necklaces. They will go in the kiln and be ready in a few days. It is the start of Christmas presents. I am excited to see how they turn out. 




Susan's will be gorgeous!


Not much else new day besides playing with geese. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment