Friday, July 12, 2019

Canning garlic and card making day

The day began warm and sunny.  Breakfast was outside.  It's evening now and raining with lots of lightning. 


When I first moved to the country I didn't know anyone.  Someone suggested I start making cards and look for a stamping representative.  I looked online and found Sherri who lives in our little town who gives classes on making cards.  It is one of my favorite days of the month. 

It is amazing that we can begin with a blank card and end with beautiful cards to mail.

Today's 6 cards:






After a bit of shopping at the store and the Meat Locker (Dude wanted rib-eye for dinner... and I will have salad) I decided to can a wee bit of garlic. 

Man, I hate peeling garlic and remember the wonderful minty-lime aroma of the house from canning yesterday? Today it is so garlicy smelling there is no fear of vampires!



I went to get pickling spice out and found we had none. So, I made my own.


In it goes in the bottom of a jar.


Again, I am using a recipe from Preserving by the Pint. I like that it is about small batch canning. In this recipe the twist is using red wine vinegar.  


I will let it cure for about a week and then give them a try. I love garlic and will probably eat at least one a day. 


Dude did do some work today at a friend's home but came home early.(yes, he does all this work himself) It's his birthday. His cake is simple but what he likes...angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream.


peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment