Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Grandson comes to visit, crafting and dinner on the homestead

I got a new book from the library.  My book for book club is not in yet.  We are to read Age of Innocence but since it is stalled in the machine of transfer from another library , I begin this book. 


My son and grandson were coming over so I decided to prep a craft.  July 20th is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. We are making rockets today. 

 I had been saving flavored creamer bottles. 


I needed a top for the rocket so I traced a small bowl. 


Cut it out and took a chunk out of it. 


Brought it together and hot glued. 


Then hot glued to the top of the bottle. 


Time to paint!


I like the way this cooper color came out. 




They arrived!  We went out to see the animals. I had to explain why there were no chickens or turkey due to a coyote attack. We only have one grown hen and one guinea left. We do have five chicks.


Besides a little lamb wanted some love. 



Finally someone was here to help wear out Norman, the dog.


Time to craft and decorate our rockets! We got out stickers, stars, bling...whatever we could find to decorate our rockets.







Snack for moon rockets!

Then it was time to just play... toad hunting...




Plant watering...


Just sitting an enjoying the day...


Rock throwing...



Watering some more...


Quiet time... 


"Grandma that is such a sad book"... perhaps, but giving is good.


Then I shared a secret.  Before he was born I made a list of things I hoped we could do after he was born.  The cool thing? He got so excited he added four more! I hope we add way more in the future.



Then off you go! Thanks for visiting.


Dinner was Shepherd Pie from America Test Kitchen recipe. 

I chopped carrots and garlic I had picked the other day, and got thyme and onions from the garden. 






Time to sew... not perfect but working on it...


Good night.

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment