Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Chores, decorating a large spool and our centerpiece

I had a long list today and I started with cleaning the litterbox and the chicken coop.  Start with what I didn't want to do first. 

Ahhh, clean. 



This girl stayed through the whole cleaning... scraping, shoveling and sweeping, she never moved.


Next up pull some carrots and garlic. 





I did dry some roses. These will be used in the coop or for teas.


Carrots are one thing we can grow year round, so no need to can, freeze or dry. We just eat them fresh. 


A BIG thank you  to Tara who has a store in town called Simpler Times.  She scored this spool for me.  I want to decorate them in all kinds of ways. 


I spray painted it with metal blue paint. 


Then glued all these glass pieces all over it. 


There was a large wood knot on it that I had to put a decorative button over to cover it. It will get moved outside as a side table.

I would love to try different ideas for more spools.


I decorated my tier stand for a summer center piece. 



The silos were painted by a great uncle, the flowers are from my garden and the gardenia is a tea pot. 


Cute lady bug salt and pepper shakers. 


peace 



No comments:

Post a Comment