Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Peaceful morning, stuffed celery, cross stitch and lily of valley arrived

 Since retiring a month or so ago, I am able to final breathe out.  A big chunk of time when my children were growing up I was a single mom and worked two and at times, three jobs. One of my sons was able to go to a private high school with me working his tuition off at the Rockies baseball games selling beer for his school after work.  Now, in my fifties, I am proud to be able to retire and as one of my sons told me Monday, spend time with family no matter their age.  And today I was able to just watch the morning just be...







 For the last 40yrs my mom has lived in Arvada, Co.   I learned yesterday that Arvada, Colorado is the self-proclaimed celery capital of the world.  Who knew?
Celery... My husband loves it . He likes to have a snack of celery or carrots in the afternoon. When I think of celery I think of stuffed celery. Dude was excited to being heading to his granddaughter's softball game after spending the day out in the hot sun.  I surprised him with stuffed celery.  I used some of our garden goodies like scallions and parsley.

It was simply,1.5 cup grated cheese, a tablespoon of mayonnaise,  scallions and parsley from the garden, hot sauce, salt and pepper. That's it.



I put a few together and headed to the car. Dude loved them and they were gone in minutes. 




I love that we use so much of what we grow in our daily life. Tomatoes, scallions and zucchini are beginning to come in. 


Breakfast 



It is so dry where we live out on the plains that we use humidifiers.  Today I cleaned them all with a slurry of white vinegar and baking soda.  I save old toothbrushes, putting them in the dishwasher and saving them for projects around the house. This is one of them. 


Much better. I did use the rest of the slurry to clean all the faucets in the house. 


Back up and doing their job.



I did spend time practicing cross stitch. I used to cross stitch a lot in the eighties when my kids were tiny. Since it has been a while I am slow and struggling just a bit. 


Smile... yes, I am using that garden shears. 


It took me along time to get this far but I am sure with time it will all come with ease. 


I was so excited when the mail came.  My lily of  the valley have arrived!



I love how they are wrapped so beautifully. 






Tomorrow I will prep the garden for them.  In the spring I hope to have lovely little bells. 

peace 





2 comments:

  1. I love stuffed celery and just plain celery dipped in peanut butter, guess I'm gonna run out and get some celery now, might even make your cheese stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you say that. When I told Dude I made stuffed celery, he said, oh good I'm hungry for peanut butter. hahaha

    ReplyDelete