Saturday, July 20, 2019

Garden, Finished a Crochet Project and Borscht Recipe


Today I was up early to water the gardens and all the trees... again. Then made sure all the animals had clean water as well as the birdbath and buckets around the yard for anyone needing water.





The house was tidied, the room I concentrated on was the mudroom/laundry room.  All cleaned, litter box cleaned, floors and carpet cleaned.

I visited to my mom in the foothills this morning, deliver the shorts I made my grandson and then home for creating... Himmm, seems I haven't worked on my fish tails for my grandsons lately. Someone has settled in. 

 These are Christmas presents and as behind as I get in projects I need to get going on these. So, I decided I wasn't going to do anything else but finish one of these. 


Mission accomplished.  I am going to give my hands a break for a week or so until I start the next one. 

I got the pattern from the Crochet Crowd's Mermaid Pattern. They have a great YouTube video to follow along. 




A couple of folks asked for the Borscht recipe... here is mine:

5 cup shredded beets, 1 onion chopped, and 2 celery stalks chopped ( I just took these and put them all through the food processor -fast and easy) put these and 5 cups of beef broth (my sister and I canned quarts of these in the spring from her cattle -so lucky) in a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 30min. Then add 2 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar and the juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons). Heat for ten more minutes. I served warm with sour cream.  High in iron , folic acid, vitamins A, B, C, E, K, plus they increase your circulation plus so much more! 

 peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment