Monday, July 1, 2019

Family day and a project for young hands

Summers on the homestead are great for kids. I am happy they are able to take time off to spend time with us.  Kids love to run free, be with the animals, get their hands dirty and just have fun. 

Remember these flowers I dried in the microwave they other day?  I still like the old fashion way of drying them in a book between pages but this was a fun new try. 


Our grandson spent the night last night.  He drove the tractor, went out to be with the sheep and crafted.  We made a hoop of dried flowers for his mom. 

I put a Teflon sheet that we use in dehydrator and placed it on the table so nothing would stick. (these are also awesome in sewing too) We took a hoop.  Placed netting down. He selected the flowers and placed them where he wanted. I hot glued the flowers in place. 


Then another netting over the whole project, tighten the hoop and trim the excess. 



We added trim around the edge. 



We had another whopper of a storm last night. Things went flying by with the wind. 

It flooded again on this side...


But not on the side with the gardens built up.  I just think that is so cool .



We are bracing of another storm tonight. 


Over the weekend we did get bark to go around the new trees we have planted, the elm and fig trees. 

Bedding for the coop and new chicks.


Plus a salt block for the sheep. 


They loved it. 








We went old fashion for dinner... meatloaf.  We like ours with a mixture of pork and beef.


It may look funky but it was incredible.  We made two because I like cheese in mine and Dude doesn't.  Mine is the small one. 


There was time for sewing...and I had company.   They really just wanted my chair. 




They were persistent. 


I did get some sewing done. 

peace 



No comments:

Post a Comment