Thursday, March 2, 2017

Thursday 3/2/2017

Summer is settling in to her new home. Dude is getting to know her and walking her daily.  She is a very sweet horse and doesn't mind the goats, lamb or chickens. She loves to sleep... a lot . 



It was a gorgeous morning.  Gracie is helping me with the chores.


Greenhouse is looking good. We did pick-up two honey crisp apple trees yesterday and hope to plant them by the end of the week. 


These are our meat chicks. We lost 3 last night. They were trampled by the others.  We use an old playpen we converted into an area we keep our chick in.  We covered it in chicken wire and lined the bottom with a piece of wood, add bedding chips, food and water. This is kept in the greenhouse for now.



We do keep a warming light over them. 


The animals say good morning. 


I used my canned storage for my lunches for work this week.  Canned pintos, dried tomatoes, dried peppers, dried onions, and dried cilantro. 


I added 1/2 can tomatoes and cheese, cooked it up and got it ready for my containers. 
Cheesy veggie beans plus a big salad.


Yesterday I made up one of the cookie mixes. It makes 4.5 dozen and overflows two half gallon jars. 
Here's the recipe:
Mrs Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2.5 cups oatmeal
1/2 tsp salt 
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz chocolate chips. 

See the prior post on how I jarred it up






Working on a crocheted rug and the arrow quilt.

Hope you have a great day!
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment