Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thursday update - remodeling continues and berry pie

It is a beautiful and warm day here. The doors and winds are open wind to blow out winter.  I usually get up at 7pm , due to working nights, and Dude at 530am.  Daylight savings time is kicking my backside and I am having trouble getting up before 8am and this is putting me way behind.

This morning the kitchen was cleaned and a triple berry pie put in the oven.  Oh Good Lord , this thing will cause me to gain weight just looking at it.  Giving up meat is nothing for me.  It's stuff like this that is like crack to me and ohso difficult to do without.
Confession time....Sometimes our mistakes are the best tasting food!  On this recipe I was to put the crumble on the top and bottom - no pie crust. But I had gotten a pie crust out and already put it on the bottom of the plate. So, I thought, what the heck... I put the crumble on top of that, then the berry mixture and topped it again with the crumble.  OHMY! That was fantastic!




We found the strawberries and raspberries from last year and there is some hope for them. We watered them and the grapes. Oh and I joined one of those seed of the month clubs.  Here is my first delivery.  


We have two broody hens now.  Chicks are a good thing. It means I don't have to hatch them in an incubator (since I don't know where mine is) or buy new ones for grow up as laying hens as the others get old.
See the eggs on the outside of her? Those are from other hens running in to lay an egg next to her...even though there are other boxes to lay them in. 


Trusses and decking materials ordered for the house. Porches are first to go.  Time to rip 'em up, tear 'em down ...and here we go! 




As you know I have a rather lengthy commute to and from work, an hour , actually.  There have been times I have dodged coyotes, seen a bald eagle fly right before my eyes and wink at me and... last night, I almost hit an elderly beaver sauntering down the middle of the road, no doubt in search of water. He was probably swept our way on the current of ditch water only to be left high and dry when the crops were done and hauled off with no ditch water for the poor little guy.  I did indeed swerve to miss the mature amphibious rodent in respect for his journey.  May his tail flap again in deep waters.  (yep, the berry pie is kicking in - smile).

WIP (work in progress) list... will I get any of them done this weekend? ... I will do my best and give you an update as I go along.

Deer quilt
Dress
Arrow Quilt
Cocoon Sweater -crochet

Today's gospel

GospelLK 16:19-31

Jesus said to the Pharisees:
"There was a rich man who dressed in purple garments and fine linen
and dined sumptuously each day.
And lying at his door was a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores,
who would gladly have eaten his fill of the scraps
that fell from the rich man's table.
Dogs even used to come and lick his sores.
When the poor man died,
he was carried away by angels to the bosom of Abraham.
The rich man also died and was buried,
and from the netherworld, where he was in torment,
he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off
and Lazarus at his side.
And he cried out, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me.
Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue,
for I am suffering torment in these flames.'
Abraham replied, 'My child,
remember that you received what was good during your lifetime
while Lazarus likewise received what was bad;
but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented.
Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established
to prevent anyone from crossing
who might wish to go from our side to yours
or from your side to ours.'
He said, 'Then I beg you, father, send him
to my father's house,
for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them,
lest they too come to this place of torment.'
But Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the prophets.
Let them listen to them.'
He said, 'Oh no, father Abraham,
but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
Then Abraham said,
'If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets,
neither will they be persuaded
if someone should rise from the dead.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment