Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St Patrick's Day!

"Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me." - Lorica of St. Patrick
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Here we have the smell of corn beef in the crock pot . But the Archdiocese of Denver has announced, unlike other dioceses across the nation, they will not grant dispensation to eat meat since today is Friday and Lent. We are not alone as the Archdiocese of Lincoln, Nebraska has also said ... Just say No to meat today.    So we will save it for tomorrow's breakfast of corn beef and hash along with corn beef sandwiches next week -I plan to stretch out my Irish Heritage Celebration as long as I can. But we will have split pea soup (hey, it's green) and Irish soda bread.







 We will be practicing a bit of an Irish Jig tonight whilst listening to a wee bit of the Orthodox Celts and on to Dropkick Murphys and so much more tonight. Yes, I am torturing my Viking husband with all manner of Irish music and dancing like a drunkard in River Dance - grin. 

Along the way I stopped to see my grandsons.... sons of the Irish Mafia... okay, not really. It's a family joke. I have four sons and they have always protected me. 





And just to make it interesting, I got a knock on the door to ask if I was missing a lamb. Thinking it was mine Dude, aka The Viking, rode off without looking in the barn. I drove behind him, yelling out the window... "did you look in the barn"... when I spotted it.  Dude kept on to town to report a missing lamb and I saw this rag-a-muffin lamb wandering in the wheat field. It was not mine but I sure wanted him.  But it was not to be. The county's animal control came to rescue him. 


I did make a few crafts but my grandson out did me with his.  He surprised me with a lucky garden. I absolutely love it. Perfect gift on such a holiday! 


And here is what I made... mini coffee cups, decorated and filled with chocolates.



Then out to the hen house. 

One of the eggs is beginning to crack...hopefully babies will be revealed soon. 


A lot of green is going on in the greenhouse. 


That's my day. 

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.

peace be with you


No comments:

Post a Comment