Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wednesday Update - gardens, greenhouse, chicks, and sewing/crochet

Spring has arrived early this year but the last two days our winds were horrible. We had high winds that were fierce and biting. They felt like wild dogs cornering us and nipping at us every time we went out.  Today it is calm and warm.  The forecast is 60-70* for at least the next week. 
Around the homestead:
Let's see what coming up and going on around the homestead. 
Parsley is already up and peaking through... needs a big drink of water today. 


Chives in the background from last year and leftover garlic. 



Plum tree has some buds on it. Yes, we really are this dry out on the plains. 


Heading on over to the greenhouse. 

Chicks are getting bigger and bolder. Today Dude is extending their living quarters. Turkey chicks are due at the end of the month and will need a place as well. 



The greenhouse planted. 


Yesterday we started the tomatoes and peppers on the warming mats. It still gets pretty cold at night here.



Radish, lettuces, spinach and most of the greens are coming up. 




Even the onions are popping up. 


I did finish canning up the cranberry cornbread mixes. I love mixes. They make life quick and easy. 
I made up one this morning by adding eggs and buttermilk along with a stick of soft butter. 
Dude gave it the thumbs up and my sister suggested adding jalapeno to one of the breads next time...ohmama!

Dinner is the bread and chili tonight. 





I did work a little on this quilt. My goal is to have the top done by the end of Friday. I want to had a fun applique on this weekend. We'll see how it goes. 


Dude said we need a rug under the kitchen sink so I started this one. I didn't have a pattern and made it up as I went along...thus the lopsidedness...giggle. Power on , I say. 




That's it for today. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment