Thursday, March 23, 2017

Thankful Thursday

A little bit under the weather today so, I thought I would give you an update of what has been going on. 

Libby was delivered and is getting along with Summer.  Summer is a year younger and a couple of hands bigger than Libby.  Summer's father is a kind of well know race horse around these parts and she knows it.  She immediately claimed dominance and makes Libby wait to eat.  Otherwise they get along great during the day and out in the field. 
Again, I am not a horse person or know anything about them like Dude does.  I found it fascinating that when we open the back door in the morning they neigh at us to come feed them.  Some people love that sound but to me it is a page out of Sleepy Hollow and skies grow dark... what? it could happen...grin





We kept the horses penned up today since we are seeding the land for grass hay.  I have never seen this done before. They came in with a tractor that makes a trough for the seed while laying the seed at the same time. I could have watched this all day. Very meditative. We are slated for snow/rain tonight. We got the seed in at the right time, you can see how dry it has been here. 







I check on the meat hens daily and they are doing well. 


My coworkers...



Then I head over to check on Mama Hen.  She and the chicks are doing great. 



The other Mom is still sticking it out and waiting patiently for her chicks to arrive.



Greenhouse is looking good. 




Trusses were delivered for the front and back porch.  The decking materials will be here soon. 


Time to rest. 

We are still in the Season of Lent. 

GospelLK 11:14-23

Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute,
and when the demon had gone out,
the mute man spoke and the crowds were amazed.
Some of them said, "By the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons,
he drives out demons."
Others, to test him, asked him for a sign from heaven.
But he knew their thoughts and said to them,
"Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste
and house will fall against house.
And if Satan is divided against himself, 
how will his kingdom stand?
For you say that it is by Beelzebul that I drive out demons.
If I, then, drive out demons by Beelzebul,
by whom do your own people drive them out?
Therefore they will be your judges.
But if it is by the finger of God that I drive out demons,
then the Kingdom of God has come upon you.
When a strong man fully armed guards his palace,
his possessions are safe.
But when one stronger than he attacks and overcomes him,
he takes away the armor on which he relied
and distributes the spoils.
Whoever is not with me is against me,
and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

peace




No comments:

Post a Comment