Friday, March 24, 2017

Many faces of a prairie storm

Thursday was a gorgeous day in the upper 70's, not a hint of cool air.  But it was coming from the east was wind and rain and over from the west rain and snow.

This is the western view with clouds and rain coming over the mountains.



This is the north view with the clouds from the west moving in . 


And the east view with the rain clouds coming to meet the west storm. 


By 5pm it began to look like this, like a dust bowl.  Even though it is still warm there is a nip of cold air on the edge of the wind. 




Dirt flying every where.





Then all got calm and this happened. 






Over night the wind whipped around like it owned the place. Midnight the rain began. Around 2am the thunder and lightning was none stop. We got what we wanted, rain and lots of it. It is in the 30*s this morning and just 20 minutes east of us the roads are closed due to snow and they continue with blizzard warnings. 


We set out to feed the animals and take out the trash and laughed when we were attacked by tumbleweeds.




They lined up overnight in the fence.


Time for breakfast... hard boiled eggs with pepper gravy and leftover cranberry soda bread.




Still cold and windy. Stay comfy. 

MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
-Thomas Merton
peace





No comments:

Post a Comment