Friday, March 3, 2017

Friday happenings

Today Dude had to run put in the order for lumber and supplies for the front and back porch plus the small addition.  So, I thought I'd give you an idea of my morning. It needs to be simple and productive.

730am up and shower. Breakfast is leftover oatmeal, flax and berries from the other day. It's still great and only needs heating up.

Next fold and hang up a load of laundry and head outside. Dude was up early and had done most of the chores, so I just check on the hens, chicks and the broody hen.

Then to the sewing room to put up my new quilt on the felt board to start sewing this weekend.


Bread making is next and today I am using a bread machine to speed things up. I am on my fourth bread machine.  Yep, I like using them... I used them a lot, they tend to die on me.  They are so simple to use.  You simply put in the ingredients in this order - 1 Liquid, 2 Dry ingredients, 3 Yeast.   Here is a simple bread recipe and in the order I put them in the machine:

1 cup of warm water
2.5 cups of bread flour or all purpose flour
2 Tbsp of shortening or butter
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 package act dry yeast
 This makes a 1.5 loaf

Dude ate half before I got home.



Next is making my dinners for work of lentil "chili" called because of the spices because it sure doesn't look like chili.




Then get jars ready to make jar mixes of cranberry cornbread.


30 minutes on the treadmill.

This week's storage purchase - 2 cases of toilet paper.  A case of instant onion soup(so many uses). Rain barrels purchased, we will put up later once the remodel begins. 

It is now 11am, I need to leave by 1130am.
Time to clean up and head to work.
                       peace


No comments:

Post a Comment