Saturday, March 4, 2017

First Saturday

We began the day making a big Saturday breakfast of omelets and oven roasted potatoes just after morning chores ...meaning we were out with the animals. It was a gorgeous day but when we have gorgeous days in March we think a big snow dump is coming.  *smile* It happens. 

It is First Saturday.  We missed mass but I did make it to Adoration. You would think there would be many people at Adoration but really, I think they probably have trouble getting people to sign up for an hour . So, what is Adoration?   It is when the Eucharist is displayed in a special holder called a monstrance, we  come to pray and worship Jesus continually throughout the day .  When I was younger it was also continued through the night, it probably happens somewhere but I haven't seen that is a long time. For me it is a peaceful time to stop everything and pray. 



Later I went to make cards with my friend Sherri.  She is an awesome teacher. It is amazing that we can start with just paper and end up with amazing cards. 










By the time I got home I was exhausted. I went to take a nap and we ended up going for a walk. 
A view of the homestead on the prairie. 


If you look closely you can see Maggie-dog trying to hide from us. 


I never get tired of goats and sheep.


Perfect day to perch. 


Angelo chilling. 


Peppy saying hello. 


Lou looking regal. 


Horse-walking. 



Fiona staying the course on her eggs. 


Meat hens doing well. 


 Time to make dinner . 

peace




No comments:

Post a Comment