Tuesday, January 21, 2020

What's in the dehydrator, sprouts, sewing day and more

We got up early this morning.  We cleaned and exercised.  The goal was to sew as much as I could today. 


I did stop to dry limes. I love limes. Again I had half a bag left from the holidays and I didn't want them to go bad. 



I put them in the dehydrator at 135* and they will dry all day - 10-14 hours.  I want them to be crisp and dry, no moisture. 

I will leave some as whole slices and the rest grind it up. 

Uses?  Soups, drinks, in rice and grains, salads and marinade.


The sprouts are beginning to show. I swapped the muslin out for cheesecloth since it wasn't allowing the water to drain. 




Time to sew. Remember, this year we are being very frugal in our gift-giving and making all the gifts that we can.  I can't show it to you yet (being a birthday present and all) but here are some of the players.


I did have a constant "helper". 


She was so proud of her assistance.


We will use this fabric, she says.


and this pen. 



Norman ignored her. 


Listened to while working:

It is so good. She is such a descriptive writer that you feel you are right there with them!



okay, here is a wee peek of what I was working on....all fabric.


I will work more on it tomorrow.  It took me a bit to get started as I had it all backwards this morning and had to begin again... just after I got done cussing myself out. 


Our first break was out with the hens. Dude surprised me with already putting the grain in the containers.


So, Norman and I went for  our second walk. 


But we ended up chasing a hawk away. 


It eye-balled us from the top of a pole for a good while. 


But the damage was done, a Guinea was already killed. I was very thankful it was only one. 


The hawk only left when I let the lambs out to be with the hens. 

The whole hawk incident scared one of the little girls so bad she dropped an egg. 


Prudence was happy to protect the girls because she know it is really Molly that does all the protecting. 


Pantry time!

Using the canned pizza sauce. 

Pizza for lunch!  Used a canned pizza dough, baked 400* for 8 minutes.  Added our canned pizza sauce, leftover peppers and onions from fajita night, added all the leftover cheeses from the holidays... a bit of swiss, colby, cheddar and mozzarella. I love green olives and add them to only one side and baked for 10 more minutes. It was a comforting cheesy love biscuit !


I need to get dinner started.  Burger night wrapped in lettuce with all the fixings served with peas and a big salad. 

Tonight I will finish this:


peace






No comments:

Post a Comment