Thursday, January 23, 2020

Day learning more about my spinning wheel and quinoa salad

Once again Norman and I had to get the chores done quickly and our walk in early. Molly greeted us first. 


It may not look it but it was chilly and the day didn't get past 44*.


Norman didn't mind and just wanted to get out into the open field. 


I had an early class at the Fleece Factory of the Rockies.  This is the year I want to spin wool, really get in to it and do it right. My friend who begun to teach me had move to Missouri.  I have bags of lambs wool and alpaca that were just sitting there.  My spinning wheel is now 3 years old and needs some action. 

The class was Romancing the Wheel with Laurette. 



She taught us about so many wheels. 





And how to service them, what to look for when buying a used wheel, and we begun to use them today. 



Here is my wheel. It was such a fun class and students were engaged.  We didn't want to leave!



Dinner tonight was chicken and quinoa salad. I made a huge batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week. 


Added onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, goat cheese, parsley, and olives to the quinoa along with salt, pepper, olive oil (I  used less than a tablespoon) and a squeeze of a whole lemon. 


Mixed it all up. 


I loved it. Dude liked it and said if we add ham it would be perfect!  *smile*

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment