Friday, January 10, 2020

Cardmaking day and Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Broccoli

One of our main goals this year is doing what we can for the earth.  

Easy one... carrying our reusable cups when we go out. Dude has done this one for years... me, not so much. This is the year to really change and do what we say we  do. (saves money too)


And reusable straws.  These used to be very popular in the '70's and we did have them in our house back in the day. Let's bring 'em back.  

I will be making travel bags for them so I can carry them in my purse.  These were our stocking stuffers this year for my kids.


Today was cardmaking day.  My friend Sherri teaches us new skills and then I go home and recreate what I have learned. 

Here is what I created today from class . 





Then I came home and quickly made two from my stash using the technique from the heart card. 

I looked through my papers.


And came up with these...





Dinner tonight -  Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Broccoli 

I find I eat way too much cheese and sugar.  This year I am challenging myself to no sugar, cheese and dairy on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I am not going to lie, I thought I was starving! I wasn't but.... I need to create healthier habits.

Here is the cast of players:

These chicken breasts are so large I will cut them next time to be thinner four breasts. 


I made a marinade and put them in the fridge for 30- to hour but even 10 minutes will do. 


Into the oven it goes!



The marinade is :

1/4 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves or more
2 tsp of dried oregano 
salt and pepper

Mix all together. Pour half over the chicken and chill. Use the rest over the broccoli.

In a larger baking pan put broccoli, tomatoes and onions on one side. Pour the rest of marinade over the vegetables.


Bake it all in one pan. 

Preheat oven to 400*.  Bake for 30 minutes or temp of the meat is 165*F at it's thickest part. (We are a stickler for this!)

peace 




No comments:

Post a Comment