Monday, January 6, 2020

Thank you cards, broccoli soup and more from the homestead

 I have a ton of unfinished projects.  Just after prayer and bible meditation I piled up at least five of those projects to do. I would start and finish what I could.    The first, and most important, were thank you notes from the holiday that needed to be made, written and mailed.  I had one Paper Pumpkin box (a monthly cardmaking mail order ) left before I cancelled it for my new and frugal year of 2020.   


I got to work stamping and folding...


A dozen cards were made, I needed ten. Score.


There was plenty of leftover stickers and bling to make more with my own blank cards.  One project complete.  I challenged myself to 15minutes on the treadmill after every project.  (it was too cold and windy -hurricane force- to go outside)


Next project - finish jammies for Dude. Cording for the waist and hemmed . Boom. Done. 
I bundled up and walked to mailbox and around the land with dog.  Dang cold!


Next I made broccoli soup. I had a ton of veggies leftover from Epiphany.  

2 small heads of broccoli
a bunch of mini carrots (about a cup) chopped
6 celery sticks  chopped 
added an onion (medium) and a half  chopped 
3 cloves of garlic chopped
3 small cans of broth (14oz)
oil
salt and pepper
about 1/2 cup heavy cream 
1/2 milk

Roasted the broccoli tossed with vegetable oil and salt at 400* for 25 minutes stirring half way through. 

Meanwhile, in a stockpot, sauté the veggies in oil. They will be ready about the same time as the broccoli.  
Add the broccoli to the veggies plus the broth. Heat through for about 15 minutes. Then I put the veggies plus a small amount of the broth through the blender.  I think you could do the same with an immersion blender. 
Return all the pot, stir and warm through. Turn off the heat and add the cream and milk. Stir well and serve. 

I topped mine with plain yogurt , a teaspoon of cheese and breadcrumbs. 

Dude loved it (*faint*). He liked his plain.  







Watching television tonight I will continue to work on the temperature afghan project … two more periwinkle rows for yesterday and today 40+ *F. 


And the wool hexies… I need to get caught up. I am 3 days behind. 


 OH and my silly dog is jealous of the skeleton! This love seat is where the daybed was for the holidays for our grandkids when they came over (and the dog claimed during the day).  Now the skeleton is sitting there with a hat on AND with the blanket that was on the bed! It was there yesterday and today and the dog couldn't stand it any long and took matters into his own paws. He threw the hat off the skeleton (aka Madame Pompadour) and stole the blanket. 





peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment