Thursday, January 2, 2020

Our first recycle project of the year and Oatmeal Bread Machine Bread

Usually we buy a bottle of pink champagne every year to ring in the New Year.  But not with a drink but to make jelly.  This year I bought only a tiny bottle to ring in the New Year.  Dude doesn't drink and I only drank a half a glass but we saved the bottle. 

I made an exploding bubbly bottle with leftover ornaments from Christmas.  It was made it the same way we made the pouring teacup and the tumbling ornaments out of a bag.  Here it is. It is simply the bottle, a half a wire coat hanger folded in half and put in the bottle. I hot glue it inside to slightly secure it. The glue ornaments with tops pointing inwards so they look more like bubbles and not ornaments. Small to large. 



Here are the others we did in simpler fashion:



Image may contain: indoor

Oatmeal Bread in the Bread Machine 

I love the convenience of the bread machine. You just dump the ingredients in the machine and let it do it's thing for the next three hours.  (I do check it every so often to see if I need to scrape the sides or help it form into a ball)

This week I made oatmeal bread.  It turned out well, earthy, and good.  Dude likes it as toast for breakfast or a midday sandwich. 

Here are the ingredients or one loaf. 

3/4 cup water (room temperature) 
1/2 milk(room temperature) 
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons melted bacon grease
3 cups white bread flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon salt
a packet of active dry yeast or 2 teaspoons

Put into the bread machine in the order your machine tells you... mine is in the order listed, wet to dry. 
Settings for me - 2lb loaf and medium crust. 

Here is how it turned out. 



I would love to stay and chat but the chicken coop needs cleaned and one last house chore is left to be done... mop the muddy floors.   

peace 






No comments:

Post a Comment