Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thursday chores, what are we dehydrating and crafting today?

This week was a lot of putting out little fires and driving back and forth to Denver and the foothills to help family and friends.

Today I had to get back to working on the homestead.

Coffee and letter writing started the day. I had to get out birthday cards for the second half of the month and a couple of thank you's! I picked some out from the ones I made and got to writing.


Someone looked on as I wrote. Yes, that is snow and ice STILL on our land but the mud is pretty much gone, thank goodness. 



Out in time before the mail person came by. 


Dishes, laundry, plants watered, animals fed and a walk were priority this morning. A goal for 2020 get outside every day and exercise. 








Despite looking like evening , this was our very chilly morning walk. 


Canadian geese are on the move ...it is snowing in the mountains and I wonder if we will get some snow next week.



I was tired of these two literally playing cat and mouse all week. I took the grate off, we shall see what happens from here. 


I love salt and vinegar …anything. I had two zucchinis that I didn't want to juice . I decide to dry them as salt and vinegar …and pepper chips. 



Ready for the dehydrator. 


Not quite all the way dry, an hour or two more, but they will be good. 


Remember this animal portrait I did?  I began another project but can't show it quite yet, it's a gift. I hope it works out as well.


But I can show you one octopus I finished for my grandson, tomorrow I will make one from the black "rainbow" yarn. 


I sent him this picture and he called saying he loved it! (eyes will be added since he is 3 years old)


peace 



No comments:

Post a Comment