Sunday, January 19, 2020

Craft for today's Gospel - :Behold, the Lamb of God"

Gospel Jn 1:29-34


John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.
He is the one of whom I said,
‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me
because he existed before me.’
I did not know him,
but the reason why I came baptizing with water
was that he might be made known to Israel.”
John testified further, saying,
“I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven
and remain upon him.
I did not know him,
but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me,
‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain,
he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”

Last week read  Matthew's version of this Gospel and we did a bunch of Dove crafting and discussed why would Jesus need baptism if he is without sin and the significance of water.  Today, we focused on the Lamb.


Behold the Lamb of God-Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.” John 1:29b. They are spoken every time we attend Mass when the priest holds up the Sacred Host.

We went back to the old testament and the lamb's blood over the doors during Passover, what's the significance?   ...And lambs we know....



You don't need many supplies, just yarn, cardboard, scissor and a black marker or crayon.  


Make the body of your lamb. Be sure to color both sides of the head. 


Oh and cut out two legs and color.  Wrap your lamb and simply tuck in the legs. 







Fred got very creative! Sunglasses for his lamb!



They had so much fun a couple of them wanted to bring yarn home and make a flock.  Yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment