Saturday, February 10, 2018

Snow day, sewing room and crockpot potato corn chowder

It was a snowy day.  When we went out this morning it was only 13* and flakes coming down. 




Chores still need to be done.




Our horses have a beautiful barn but they chose to stand outside. 


The geese like the snow. 


And call out to relatives who flew by. 


After chores I had breakfast and  went in to clean the sewing room. It is a mess. 
Found Norman, the dog's, babies who need repairing. I will need to sew them either when he is in bed or with the door closed.  He says , politely, he would like them back please. 


I did have an assistant. 


She had to approve everything.  Such a bossy worker. 



After breakfast I began to get dinner ready.  Crockpot potato corn chowder. 

Bacon and onion on the griddle just after our pancakes. 


Eggs were washed while I waited for those to cook. 


From the pantry I grabbed dried carrots and red pepper.


and dill seed. 


It turned out soooo good. 


I like mine topped with chipotle peppers with adobo sauce chopped up. OMG


Easy clean up. 


Here's the recipe. 

Grill or cook the 4 slices of bacon and small chopped onion until cooked. 
Place in the crockpot. 
In the crockpot add:

2 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of water
3 large potatoes scrubbed and sliced
1 can of corn with liquid (pantry item I buy by the case)
a large pinch of crushed dill seed
1/2 cup dried carrot
2 tablespoons chopped red dried pepper (I used scissors and just cut them)
salt and pepper

Cook 7 hours. 

Then in a bowl combine 2 cups of half and half with 1/2 a cup of flour. Whisk.
Add
1 cup of evaporated milk (another pantry must for me, I buy them by 5 cans at a time) 

Slowly add to the crockpot and simmer for 20minutes.

Top with cheese, and chipotle in adobo sauce (chopped) with the sauce. (optional)

Dude doesn't like the chipotles put he gave it 2 thumbs up. 


Midday the dog and I went for a walk.  I wish I could have gone longer but it was so cold to breathe in. 









Back to the sewing room and cleaning.
Hope you all are warm and happy. 

peace 




No comments:

Post a Comment