Thursday, February 8, 2018

Using our pantry and other Thursday happenings

It was a gorgeous morning so after chores I went out to work on the compost piles and container. Then over to fill the feeder. 

See , even with snow in the background it is dry here!





Cool part about guineas is they eat bugs like grasshoppers without digging up the ground like chickens...like it matters here - smile.



Dinner was made too.  Roasted potatoes, 
Oven 375*

Cut up and wash 4 potatoes. 

Drizzle with olive oil. 
Add salt (I used pink Himalaya salt), pepper, dried rosemary and parsley from the garden, and garlic powder. Toss.


Bake for 30 minutes and turn the potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes. 


Then from the pantry our sauerkraut.(we make sauerkraut twice a year ...when cabbage goes on sale during St Patrick Day week and when they are ready to pick from the garden)  I added smoked fish to my dinner. Dude added leftover roast beef.  Good dinner.


Remember these I am rooting?  I need trees! 



I found some containers in the greenhouse to plant them in tomorrow. 


I did get this quilt pinned and ready to quilt.


This one is traced and ready to start.  So, excited. 


Time to head to work. 

peace






No comments:

Post a Comment