Monday, February 19, 2018

Making chicken bone broth

I had to take it easy today and recoup. Your body demands  to slow down at times and mine was doing that. I had a leftover chicken carcass from the roast chicken last week. (it took a bit of convincing to get Dude not to throw it away). I put it in the crockpot this morning to make chicken bone broth. Covered it with water, added 2 tablespoons of apple cider, peppercorns, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, and dried onions.  Turned it on low and headed back to bed. 


Tonight I strained it. 


Look how pretty it turned out.


I spiked mine with more pepper and my dinner was ready. Great when you are feeling punky.

I wanted something mellow to do to pass the time since I didn't feel well. 
I haven't cross stitched in probably ten years. I found this picture online and just enlarged it. There were no directions so I wasn't sure how big it would turn out. 
I wanted something nice and easy to work on.  No thinking, no stressing, just nice and easy. 




I just looked outside. I haven't out all day (which feels weird).  It's not  a clear picture but it is a snowy night.  Our wood stove keeps us very toasty so no reason to really know what it's like outside. Time to head back to bed, safe and sound. 



peace

No comments:

Post a Comment