Friday, February 23, 2018

Ram shearing, Dude's boredom = new kitchen lighting, and meatless Friday

Our ram Wilbur was sheered yesterday. 



His fleece is a bit dirty but nice and long.  It is a Romeldale wool. 



Last night we had a sudden and rather powerful storm that had me stuck in traffic, only to get to my son's home after 4 hours of trying to get home.  When there is snow on the ground and I don't get home Dude gets antsy.  He decided to begin work on the ceiling and new lighting in the kitchen. 

Here is the before. 




Here is where it was when I finally got home today.  I wasn't feeling well and went straight to bed. I must have needed it because I didn't hear a thing. Almost four hours later he got quite a bit done. 


As you can see we really need the lighting. 


Dinner for a Friday during Lent was veggie fajitas.

Cheese, onions, peppers and a bean mixture of Navy beans, lime juice, chopped onion and tomato, salt and pepper plus a chopped up chipotle pepper. 


Grilled the onion and pepper.  Remove from the stove.


Add a tortilla with the grilled onions and pepper, cheese and the bean mixture. Grill in butter. 


Fold over heat on one side and flip. 


Served with our canned summer salsa. 


Finished my first cross stitch in probably 15 years.  Can you see my big mistake? Dude could - smile. 


There is snow all around and we have a fire lit to keep us warm. Movie night from the library.  It's a homesteading movie of sorts, Far and Away. 

Then to bed early.

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment