Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday Funday and Amazing Miniatures

We are always working on a kindness of the day.  Working isn't quite the word even though there are days we want to shut off the world and just be by ourselves.
Lent will be upon us on Wednesday. 
Today I wanted to make the day about Dude. He is a quiet introvert who just goes about the day working on homestead without anyone knowing. There are times it is dark and I have to call him to come in out of the cold. He was raised on a farm and it is what he loves.

I asked what he wanted to do today.... he loves to walk in the snow  and that's what he wanted to do.


It was a gorgeous day, a little cold but gorgeous.   




You need to have a hobby on the homestead to help pass the time. 
We sat together at the table after breakfast and I asked if I could see his model train. He was stunned and said , really?  He immediately got it and showed it off, telling me about the size and details of the model. 


I asked if the Model Train Museum was open today and if he wanted to go. You didn't have to ask him twice.

We parked near an old Purina plant.


The museum had a lot of history.
Dude was happy to see some of the same lanterns he has at home. 


I thought this would cool and would be a neat addition to the homestead. We could have it in the "train room". I could sit up there and read, sew or crochet while Dude works on his tracks.


The amazing part of the museum besides the obvious...the trains, are the miniatures! 


Beekeepers with an O size train going by. 


A fire being put out by firemen no bigger than a half inch tall.



A family having a picnic.




  Even cattle! 


It was an inspiration for Dude to pursue his train dream. And fun to watch how excited a grown man can become when seeing these amazing trains and the setup. 

Then time to head home.  Longs Peak looked beautiful in the background.



I will spend the evening crocheting, sewing and having cocoa with Dude by the fire. 
Tomorrow we will be back with homesteading news. 

Happy Sunday

1 Corinthians 10:31—11:1

1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1  


31 Well, whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do it all for God's glory. 32 Live in such a way as to cause no trouble either to Jews or Gentiles or to the church of God. 33 Just do as I do; I try to please everyone in all that I do, not thinking of my own good, but of the good of all, so that they might be saved.

11 Imitate me, then, just as I imitate Christ.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment