Thursday, January 4, 2018

Sprouting, pruning and garden

I love sprouts and started just a couple. There are so many to choose from. 


Day 1 - today, I just soak them and then the next week, every day, rinse them. 


I will keep you updated. 


Even though we still have snow from last week it is a good time to prune. I took the lower branches. 



I know a lot of people use them as kindling for the fire but I use mine to root and plant in the spring. 
Again, I will keep you post on their progress and if it is working. 


It gets down to about 25* at night but the days are warm. Well, warm to us at 50*. (snow is due Saturday evening and Wednesday of next week) The spinach likes the warm days too and has come back to life. 


Cilantro is doing well too. The rest, hmmm, not so much. 


Norman the dog, loves resting in the snow. 

peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment