Friday, January 19, 2018

Preparing for snow, bees cleaning house, dinner and savings

Snow is due this weekend (yet it was almost 70* today). Dude made sure the animals had straw to stay warm and hay (alfalfa) to eat.  It is dry, dry , dry here and I am hoping we get a generous amount of snow.





But has been warm enough for the bees to do some housecleaning.  Bring out your dead....yes, there is such a thing as Undertaker bees. It is kinda cool to watch. They actually carry out anyone who has died during the winter. 


I have been slowly working in more fruits and veggies into Dude's diet ... his perfect day would be an egg sandwich for breakfast,  ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and dinner....a pork chop and potato.

Well, one of the reasons to homestead were to each homegrown healthy and organic.

This morning I snuck this in and he said it was actually good (he hates cook spinach). The eggs and spinach are from our homestead.


Tonight was burger night. I make most of it early in the day because I work evenings. 

Salad

(This is how I store lettuce. Clean it and wrap in a damp paper towel and put in plastic container.)


and shocker... Dude asked for apple salad. 



Savings reminder (we have shown these before) ... we are following both of these money savings this year.  Pay yourself first. 

This one is from the blog - I love my disorganized life.
 This one I pay myself every payday. 
We are on week three. 


and this one I do every Monday. 


But's not all about us. We do a kindness of the day everyday on our facebook. 

To do list this weekend:

Clean the chicken coop.

Make wool roving so I can make wool dryer balls next week.

peace


No comments:

Post a Comment