Saturday, January 13, 2018

Sewing Day

Today is Sewing Day.  I love Sewing Day. Once a month a bunch of folks who like to play with textiles get together to sew.  It give you a feel for times past when everyone got together to talk and get creative...oh, and time to work on a project! 

The host provides the main event for the food everyone else brings a side dish or dessert. I had a bunch of apples so I decided to make an apple salad. 



Coarsely chopped apples tossed into lemon water so they don't turn brown. 

  
Add raisins... Dude says, " more raisins please!"


And some walnuts. 


For the dressing I mixed ricotta cheese, sour cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar all in a food processor and pour over the salad.  It's a good and fun twist on Waldorf Salad. 


Farmgirls carpooled together for the drive into the city.  We make sure spinning wheel are strapped in... safety first.  *smile*


The main event at the potluck were meat and vegetarian sliders.  Boy were they good. 


Kale potato sausage soup....ohboy.


I took a little of everything! 


Then time to get busy....










I had to include this... one of the lady's kindergarten class made paper "quilts". 



 We added another new member ... Nathaniel .


I was a goofball as always but my mom looks great. 




 
We love the young ones joining us. Can you imagine the stories she will tell her own children some day?





Vera was mesmerized by the spinning of wool. 









And before we knew it , it was time to pack up and head home.  ...sigh. 

A big THANK YOU to Shelly for hosting this month.  I can't wait until next month. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment