Friday, January 26, 2018

Soup, crockpot dip, making bread and thank you card.

Today I was a bit under the weather.  Good thing I took the day off. 
I cleaned the woodstove .  It was chilly despite how sunny it looked outside. Maybe it was me, maybe it was the wind but I needed heat. 



Cardboard egg cartons start a fire fast. 



Today I was hoping a bit of miso soup would help me feel better. My sister makes a lovely miso but a teammate at work, who just happens to be Japanese, told me her recipe.  So I gave it a try. It's just  chicken broth, nori (seaweed), soy sauce, green onion and miso. I added on one of our carrots. I didn't have tofu but she uses that too. I did add a few tablespoons of our canned Thai dipping sauce...ohmy. It was fabulous for the cold that has been lingering. A cup of tea and miso soup for the afternoon. 



Then I wanted to try something for our smaller crockpot. (yes, I wanted to defy all those folks that freaked out over last night's This is Us episode). I only heard about it since I work too late to actually watch it.  Anywhoo... back to the recipe... I put a block of cream cheese in the crockpot. Added chopped sun dried tomatoes, chopped up marinated artichokes and left over scallions. 


Put the crock on high and in 2 hours it was ready.  I did add a couple tablespoons of hot wing sauce and it was perfect.  It was great before the sauce and the hot sauce just put it over the top. 



I had to put it away before I ate it all. 


Next up ...the bread machine and pantry item. Last year I canned cinnamon applesauce. I made applesauce bread today in the bread machine. I add raisins. 


It balled up well. I wasn't sure how it would taste. 


It ended up dense but good. It was a lot like raisin bread.  It will be great as French toast. 



Speaking of French... I had to make some thank you cards today and came up with this one. (Yes, the next one will have the hearts going up and down...I blame it on my head cold)



It was date night with Dude and off to the city we went.  Variety is the spice of life but it was good to get back to the homestead at the end of the night. 

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment