Thursday, January 11, 2018

Moving toward our goals

I have begun to move toward some of my goals. Dude has his own such as getting calves and setting up a model train but here are few of mine.  But, as every day begins we will begin the blog with our morning feed.

We had a few visitors looking for a handout. 


We keep all our feed in the shipping container. 


The geese were rather talkative and I thought they were hissing at me but later found the dog had come in with me and was eating goose poop. 


They were very disapproving... as they should be. 


Dude began putting the roof on the bird house.  This will be for starting out our chicks  - hens, turkeys and meat birds plus an area for milking the goats out of the cold.



As you can see it is very dry here and we are almost in drought. We get small  minute rains or snow but nothing that sticks around.  We are having an unusually warm winter. 



We are getting spinach with the warmth still. 


and cilantro. 


Everything else is waiting for spring. 


I set goals for myself at the first of the year, put them where I can see them daily(the refrigerator at home and my desk at work) and I am not wasting time to meet them. 


Here are how a few are coming along. 

1 - for learning to build something, I found an easy table for Dude to teach me to built.

2 The bird house is above and Dude is whittle away at that one getting the roof on. We raise all the chickens we eat throughout the year and hens to lay eggs along with a few turkeys.

3  Getting new Nubian goats for milking, is already in the works . We sold our other ones to pay medical bills and we are just waiting for the sale of the horses this weekend.  We can't spend money we don't have. 

4 Save $5000 this year.  I found this free printable tracking sheet here. It will require discipline and no more stops for caffeine on the way to work or going shopping at lunch. 

I am feeling inspired and hopeful for this new year.

peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment