Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday chores and time to relax

I love being on the homestead. So quiet and chores that I actually like doing. I finally convinced Dude to get off the homestead and have some fun. So, he and his son went to a model train show. I stayed home finish up chores before tonight's snow.  Off to the store first to grab a few things. 

The Old Farmers Almanac said if you toss daisy and poppy seeds in the ground before a snow they will be the first to pop up in the spring. Well, these were by the register  so I grabbed a couple to test this out.  I planted them quickly when I got home before I forgot.  We'll see if they grow.


Bought matches and birdseed. 



You can't see this but remember about a week or so ago Dude washed and polished all the lamps? I went and got oil for them today. 


A box load of our new produce boxes came in today. 


I found a bit of rose and lavender mixture for the coop and headed out to clean it. 


I decided to lay out all the old chicken manure out on the garden-to- be. It should cure well before we plant. 




All nice and clean with the herb mixture on it. 



Wilbur came over for some massages. Dude says he rams him but with me, he just wants a good scratching and


a kiss.


Norman wanted to help. I tripped over him throughout the day. 


I had to get the wood in before tonight. I really like doing this. I pretend I am getting a workout. 


All loaded up.


I stopped at the library. Picked up some classical music , a couple of movies and a few books on CD to listen to while I sew .


I made some fun rolls. They tasted great and rose  well. 

Heat the oven 425*. 

Mix 4 cups of Bisquik,  1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup sour cream, and a cup of Sprite.

Melt 1/2 cup butter in a  cookie sheet pan. 

Bake 20minutes or until golden. 






Then it was time to sew. It was such a nice relaxing afternoon.  Well, until the dog came in, chased the cat and got caught in a lamp. 


I tossed them both outside so I could sew. 

 I did get two placemats quilted and finished. 


And actually finished and embellished this one... a month late. 


It is suppose to snow tonight. I didn't want to lose my greens so I put them to bed... literally. I put a blanket over them. I have done this before in the past and it saved them. I hope it does again. We don't heat our greenhouse. 


peace 






No comments:

Post a Comment