Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Champange jelly

Our mantra this year is Rescue and Recycle. 

We are not drinkers but I got a bottle of champagne to ring in the new year.  We basically have a taste, clink glasses and there it is.... the rest of the bottle.  So every year I make jelly with the rest of the bottle. It cooks out the alcohol and makes a nice jelly to give as a gift.  I ended up with about 2.5  cups of champagne, added a tablespoon of lemon, 3 cups of sugar . I cooked it down, dissolved the sugar, and gave it a good boil. I removed from the heat and added liquid pectin. Bring to a rolling boil for a full minute. 

Remove the pot from the heat . Ladle the hot jelly into hot sterilized jars/lids and process them in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.  I am at high altitude so I water bathed it for 15 minutes.






Another recycle... my son and his wife got new furniture ...sooo we recycle their old couch set.  Plus found a trunk at the thrift store. 



 peace


No comments:

Post a Comment