Thursday, July 13, 2017

Vet visit for a horse and a kid goat

After having a calm relaxing day yesterday for Dude's birthday we got an early start to the day taking a horse to the vet to see if she's pregnant or not.  We also brought the kid, Billy Blue-eye, to get his head wrap taken off and  sutures removed.  He was riding in the backseat of the truck screaming his head off for his mom. 
This is his mom.


And his sister came to inspect everything. 


Wilbur was suspect of everything going on . 




 Summer, Libby's friend was pitching a fit in the corral.   She was neighing loudly and kicking all around. She wanted to be the one to ride in the trailer. 


I wasn't up to 100% this morning.  I had taken a melatonin last night to make sure I slept to get up at 6am.  I am a severe lightweight and the lowest milligram of the stuff will put me out. First thing this morning I went out to help load the animals but realized I left the dog in the house. I turned around to go back and some how managed a face plant right into the back porch floor! I just laid there for a while, realizing I was on my own since Dude was out with horses and can't hear any way. I ended up with a few bruises and my ego needing to be dusted off. 

Everyone was loaded up and off we went.

Billing Blue-eyes had his sutures removed today. He did great. 



Next up was Libby. Our farrier had told us she was pregnant.  We didn't know how but we brought her in. She was very nervous but she dealt with it well. 




We got to the vet in all one piece. 




They gave her a bit of sedative and began the exam. 




If you are a woman you may recognize some of this... her uterus is .... empty. She did ovulate while we were there.  What??! I found it all very interesting. 



Anywhooo... no baby and the exam continued. 




Dude was so sad.  He loved the thought of having a little colt. 


We did get home in time to work in the greenhouse for just a bit.  Tomorrow, I will plant some plants we got on sale, weed and water. 



Oh and remember that hole we found on our property?  I saw a prairie dog pop out of that bad boy today.  Oh, we can't have that!!!! I know it worked hard to build a home but we need to get rid of it.  I am channeling Bill Murray as Carl Spackler from Caddy Shack. He and any homies he has with him need to vacate immediately! Dude said he heard today to unwrap a bunch of bubble gum and leave it at the entrance of their home .  Apparently it does a number on their innards. They will eat it and they die from it. 

Still have my melatonin hangover and need to get to bed. 

peace



No comments:

Post a Comment